Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Documents take long time to open in Word 2003

The only other solution is to disconnect from the server.

"Mathias" wrote in message
The problem is that when opening documents that has been created in word97

or
word 2000 it takes a long time to open them, several minutes. The

documents
are attached to different templates that are stored on a server. All the
templates exists and are stored at the correct location. I've read in

some
other thread that when the templates are stored on a server it can take a
long time to open them. But the same documents work fine to open in Word
2000! One solotion i've found is to, when the document finally opens,

delete
the path so that the document refers to the normal.dot. But this is not a
very good soloution because it's several hundred documents.
I am wondering if anyone have a soloution?

--
Mathias