Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Envelope Options

The graphics are easily deleted from the templates. Open the template,
select the graphic and press the delete key.
The envelope address size format and location are set by the envelope
address paragraph style and the frame attached. You can move it where you
want and if you must you can fix the height of the frame so that only four
lines of address will fit, however if you put four lines of address in the
frame that's what will print. The frame currently expands to content.
See also http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

RLaurel wrote:
Thank you Graham. Really impressive stuff there on those pages.
Regrettably, none fit my need.

This is official government communication which are being sent in
these Size 10 envelopes which require 4 address lines. Graphics are
not required and probably would not appreciated since this is a law
enforcement agency. (Many guys and gals wearing badges and a
firearm. Much material is being delivered to lawyers who are going
to grand jury or trial.)

Is there a template editor I can use to create a template? What kind
of code would I write to produce a template to produce a Size 10
envelope with a 4 line delivery address placed where I need it to be?

Roger

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You will find some sample size envelope templates (including one with
barcode) on the downloads page of my web site.You cannot add custom
envelopes to the envelope wizard, but you can have as many templates
as you like.

RLaurel wrote:
When addressing Size 10 envelopes, we find the Auto placement from
the top of the delivery address is not often where we like it for
recipients whose address contains 4 or more lines. (It runs off the
bottom or intrudes into the bar code our postal carrier imprints.)
We know how to change it, but this is a one time occurance. If we
are going to send multiple 4 line addressed envelopes, we must make
the setting for each individual envelope before printing.

I think I know the answer here, but I would like someone who knows
to confirm my fuzzy thinking.

I think the answer is to create a custom envelope with the placement
of print where I need it to be. Then save the custom envelope as a
custom envelope. (Would like to be able to name this or create more
than one custom envelope for something more than just Size 10
envelopes.) I would have my secretary use this custom template for
addressing the recipients whose addressess are 4 lines in length.
Am I correct?

Last question, Is it possible to create more than one custom
envelope and name/label them in the Envelope Options drop down
choice list?