Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob S[_2_] Bob S[_2_] is offline

Default Outlining Tabs on Word 2003

I believe I have followed the instructions in the website you gave corectly.
But something odd happens. If I stay in the same document where I made all
of the changes to the Heading styles, I can press Alt-Ctrl-1 and it will
apply Heading 1 style, or press Alt-Ctrl 2 and apply Heading style 2, etc.
This gives the numbering an all.

However, if I am in a new document and press Alt-Ctrl-1 it does NOT put any
numbering down at all.

What do I need to change?
Bob

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bob S" wrote in message
This looks like exactly what I need. Thank you Stefan, (and
indirectly
Shauna Kelly) for the help.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Set up numbering as explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bob S" wrote in message
When I am using outlining in Word and hit return and then tab, it
gives puts
the next level numbering below at a prescribed tab set, which is
further to
the right than I prefer. So, I would like to change this default
tab stop
within outlining.

Is there a way to change the default tabs used in outlining

withing
MS Word
2003?
Thanks in advance,