Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dmitry Dmitry is offline

Default Document switch to become Read-Only when it's not suppose to

I have the same problem in Office 2007 Student & Teacher Edition in Win XP
Pro. I have no 3rd party add-ons.

File was created in native Word 2007 (docx) format. Approximately 45
minutes into an editing session, if I hit Ctrl + S, the file switches to
"Read-Only" and I have to save it as a new file. This happens pretty much
every time (for this particular file). Doesn't happen in other files for
some reason.

"Zhao" wrote:

I have the same problem too. i am using office 2007 in Win XP Pro enviroment.
When i first click "save" it is ok, but when i click "save" second times
(sometimes third times or so), it becomes "Read Only" mode. It can be sovled
for a while after the word program is closed, and then repeat. very painful!
Please fix it.

Zhao

"Lenny" wrote:

I'm having problems with all of my documents switching to Read-Only thus
making it impossible to Save. I have to Save As and then delete the original
document and rename the new document to its previous name making it an
inconvenience.

Sometimes, in the beginning when I open the document I'm able to save
normally, then it switches to Read-Only which is a pain.

Please Help Me!
Thanks