Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Problem with tab

"Island Girl" wrote:

I can't believe that I've forgotten where to find the option that prevents
the whole paragraph indenting each time I hit the tab. I've set that more
than once before but now when I go to Tools, Options, I just can't find it.
Have I totally forgotten? Am I losing it?

Please refresh my memory and thanks a million.

Next time, specify the Word version... More and more people have Word 2007.
At work, I don't, so If you are not using Word 2007. If you are... hold on,
someone will tell you where it is...

Tools AutoCorrect Options... "AutoFormat As You Type" tab uncheck "Set
left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces".

Also, if you do have it checked and just occasionaly wished that this opion
was not applied, do CTRL-Tab instead of Tab alone.