Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Word 2002/XP sometimes freezes when opening in "My Documents"

Good point Beth: I did ask to test in Safe Mode but then forgot to follow
up.

tf

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
So far I haven't noted if this occurs when working in Word Safe Mode. To
start Word in Safe Mode, hold Ctrl while starting Word and continue
holding Ctrl until prompted to start in Safe Mode.

Additionally, what is set as the default printer? Is it a local printer or
network printer? When you open a file Word queries the printer driver. If
the connection to the network is intermittent then that could cause a
hang.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Ant" wrote in message
I don't think this Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition (NAVCE) has an
Office plug-in like the consumer NAV. I even searched its help for
"Office" and nothing came up. It does mentions MS Exchange though.

On 7/11/2009 1:29 AM PT, Terry Farrell typed:

The NAV Office Plug-in advanced option is the obvious contender.