Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sandra Sandra is offline

Default Extra (Hidden) Page with Section Breaks

Suzanne,

I did change this Page Setup to "New page" (it was set to "Odd page"), but
there is still an extra page in there.

Sandra

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In the section that begins after the hidden blank page, go to the Layout tab
of Page Setup and see what the section start type is. If it's "Odd page,"
try changing it back to "New page."

http://word.mvps.org

"Sandra" wrote in message
I need to know why Word inserts an extra (hidden) page in documents when
you
insert a section break?

I do not see the page in my document, but when I print it, there is an
extra
page directly after the Section break (which I use to number the TOC page
differently from the rest of the document).

This has occurred before and I am wondering: 1 - why this happens, 2 -
what
I can do to prevent it and 3 - how can I remove the page when I can't even
access it?

Thank you.

Sandra