Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lallous

Default Distinguishing apostrophes

Hello

I noticed that those curly quotes have ASCII codes: 0x93 and 0x94.
However, if you try to insert them manually as: ALT+147 or ALT+148 in
notepad, they don't work!

So perhaps your Java program can look for 0x93 and 0x94 characters and
replace them with 0x22 which is the normal double quote.

HTH,
Elias
"jezzica85" wrote in message
Hi all,
I'm writing a Java program that takes a text file I made from a Word
document, and I need to be able to distinguish between apostrophes and
single
closing quotes. I've looked up the two symbols in Word, and they're
definitely different, so I tried making a shortcut key to always insert an
apostrophe, but whenever I do it it still inserts the same character for
both
apostrophes and closing quotes. Is there a way to insert an apostrophe
automatically so it looks like the straight mark it's supposed to be in
the
symbols, instead of the curly closing quote?
Thanks!
jezzica85