Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default TOC Spanning Multiple Documents -- Chapter Number in Page Number

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:

I'm creating a large multi-chapter document. I posted a question a while back
asking how to generate a table of contents that spanned all the chapters, and
Dian D. Chapman referred me to some instructions called Creating a Table of
Contents Spanning Multiple Documents
(http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...cle.asp?ID=148)

I inserted the RD codes described in the article, but my problem is that the
page numbers in each chapter include the chapter number (3-1, 3-2, etc.).
When I regenerate the TOC, the chapter numbers do not show up. Is there a
switch that will insert chapter numbers with the page numbers?

I did a quick test on Word 2003 just to make sure, but right here right now
it works as expected. Chapter numbers (based on Heading 1 in the main
documents) do show up in my RD document.

In your RD document do ALT-F9, select the field code btween the {} for the
TOC and post back. Don't forget to do ALT-F9 a second time to toggle back to
field values instead of field codes.