WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I print pages numbered with roman numerals?

No problem, I can help you with that!

Here are the steps to print just the introductory pages of your thesis with roman numerals:
  1. Open your thesis document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Go to the page where you want to start printing with roman numerals (in your case, it's page i).
  3. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. Click on the "Breaks" button and select "Next Page" under "Section Breaks".
  5. Go to the next page (which should be page 1) and click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  6. Click on the "Page Number" button and select "Format Page Numbers".
  7. Under "Number Format", select "i, ii, iii, ..." for "Number style".
  8. Under "Page numbering", select "Start at" and enter "i" in the box.
  9. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  10. Go to the page where you want to end your introductory pages (in your case, it's page xvi).
  11. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  12. Click on the "Breaks" button and select "Next Page" under "Section Breaks".
  13. Now you have three sections in your document: the introductory pages with roman numerals, the body of your thesis with regular page numbers, and the pages after your thesis.
  14. Go to the "Print" dialog box and select "Print All Pages in Range".
  15. In the "Pages" field, enter "1-16" (or however many pages you have in your introductory section).
  16. Click "Print" to print only the introductory pages with roman numerals.

That's it! You should now have a printed copy of just the introductory pages of your thesis with roman numerals. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.