Jezebel

You can't do this sort of thing simply by recording the macro. You'll need
to switch to VBA (Alt-F11) and do it by hand -- get the rtf file name into a
variable, change the extension to txt, do your saveas.

"reballdad" wrote in message
I am trying to create a macro that will save a .rtf file as a .txt file

with
the same name. I can get it to work with one exception. The saved .txt

name
is always the one that I used when I created the macro.

For instance, I create and save a file "test.rtf". I create a macro with

the
following steps. File, Save as, Save as type changed to .txt, click on

Save.
I now have a file "test.txt". I then create and save file "test2.rtf".

When I
run the macro, it saves it as "test.txt" and not "test2.txt". Any help

with
how to get it to save the .txt file with the same name as the .rtf file

would
be greatly appreciated.