Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word 2007 and document history

And if you want a simple version function, see
http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
Hi Max/Alan,

The version feature in Word created really large files, making them
difficult to transport or transmit for collaboration or share
documents and,over time had a history of being prone to document
corruption.

For Office 2007, rather than work on repair/enhancement of the built
in feature, MS removed it and made an investment in a different
direction, building on the capabilities of the MS [Office] Sharepoint
product family as a document management, collaboration and
workflow/versioning base that included work on Word documents in this
version and in future versions.

================
"Max2006" wrote in message
Hi,

In word 2003 I used to be able use the version feature of word.

The version feature allowed me to have multiple version of the
history of
the document in the file.

The option used to be in save menu.

Where is this option in Word 2007?