Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Default anyone know about locked douments and how to unlcok them?

Suzanne gave you step-by-step instructions. Look for Help on top of the
program.
"llienard" wrote in message
:I need step by step instructions. Where do I select Help/Activate product?
: I am using a dell notebook and have installed Office 2003. Went in today
and
: computer is telling me everyhting is locked.......
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
:
: Well, you need to activate the product. If it's Word 2003, use Help |
: Activate Product. If it's 2007, use Office Button | Word Options |
: Resources: activate Microsoft Office.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: http://word.mvps.org
:
: "soopirman7" wrote in message
: ...
: So how do we resolve this then? I think my case is the latter one --
"a
: retail version, it has not been activated and has now exceeded the
number
: of
: times it can be used before activation is required."
: Please do respond, i badly need your help here ASAP! I might need a
: step-by-step guide on how to unlock it. Thanks a lot...
:
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
:
: The usual reason for this is that the application has gone into
"reduced
: functionality" mode. Either it is a trial version that has expired,
or,
: if a
: retail version, it has not been activated and has now exceeded the
number
: of
: times it can be used before activation is required.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
:
: "
: om wrote in
message
: ...
:
:
: "molly-ness" wrote:
:
: tmy document is locked. i can't type or do anything, does anyone
know
: how
: i
: get it back to a normal document? when i try to type it says "this
: modification is not allowed because the document is locked" could
: someone
: please help me.
:
: