Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
forever_newbie forever_newbie is offline

Default How do I get rid of strange special characters?

I had a word article that I was going to insert into sql server in a text
field. So I replaced every occurrence of apostrophe by two apostrophes (sql
server doesn't like seeing single apostrophes in the middle of a text field).
What I didn't notice was that this replace doesn't work the way you would
expect (in Word). When you try and replace one apostrophe by two, you get a
reverse slanted character followed by an apostrophe. Since I didn't notice
this, I went ahead and inserted the word as text into a sql field, and now
my sql database is full of these characters. I have to get rid of them, so
the question is - what are they?
Thanks,