Renovator Renovator is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Benson View Post
The suggested character, Unicode number 0216, is actually the Danish/Norwegian letter (upper-case) "Ř", the letter "O" with a bar through it. This character is close enough to be understood as the diameter symbol, but is not quite the same. The diameter symbol is a perfectly round circle with a bar through it, while the letter is somewhat oblong. For professional-looking documents (which I need, being a translator), we need the real symbol.

I came across the symbol in question in a Russian document (so I know it exists in the Unicode set); copied that and used that to create an Autocorrect workaround in Microsoft Office docs. But I want to add the symbol to my keyboard, using a keyboard modification program that I have. To do so, I need the Unicode number of the symbol—but Microsoft is keeping that a deep, dark secret, it seems, since the symbol does not appear in the "Add Symbol" character set, as far as I can tell (hence all the questions here and in other forums about how to create the symbol).

So, can someone please tell me the Unicode number for the diameter symbol (not the upper-case letter "Ř")? Thanks much!
Hi, i have just been looking for this answer, and hence came across this forum.
With a bit of experimentation and some luck, I have found I get the Diameter symbol by changing font to "Symbol" and typing Alt+1990 (I remembered that around this range of numbers I got maths symbols that I used to use a long time ago)
Hope this helps.
Lewis