Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

Default Macros Disabled

Actually I told you wrong. The default setting is "very high."

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Bill Martin wrote:
"Greg Maxey" wrote in
:

Bill,

The message is a result of the default security settings in Word2003.
See ToolsMacroSecurity.

The default setting is "high." To each his or her own, but I
recommend you set Macro Security to Medium and then on the Trusted
Publishers tab check the box for "Trust all installed templates and
add-ins."

I think you will be free of the annoying message and still
watertight. ----------------

That would probably work, but I don't see why I should enable macros
just to get Word to stop nattering whenever I open or close the
program. Most Microsoft warnings seem to have some way to tell the
program to not warn you about whatever repeatedly. I haven't been
able to find where that's buried in Word however.

It would be one thing if I were trying to run some document with
macros in it, but I'm not.

Bill