Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Martin

Default Macros Disabled

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 00:31:00 -0500, Greg Maxey wrote:

Keep looking if you want. I can certainly be wroing, but I think that you
are going to find that your options are to set the security level to medium
and be rid of the message or leave it as is and deal with the message.

Setting it to meduim does not mean that you have to enable any macros. It
just means that if you have Add-ins (e.g., Adobe, etc.) (have you checked?)
that they will run. If you recieve a document with macros (the good kind or
the bad) you will get the warning then with the option to let it run or not.

Thanks Greg. I guess I'm just crumudgeonly about security. I don't much
like being forced to take it on faith that if I enable macros they really
won't run anyhow. That there are no security bugs in this one product.

It mystifies me why Microsoft would design in the high security levels, and
then make it impossible to use them. What could they possibly have been
thinking? Oops - maybe that's the problem.

Thanks.

Bill