Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown

Default Macros Disabled

Sun, 19 Feb 2006 02:31:50 -0500 from Bill Martin
:
It mystifies me why Microsoft would design in the high security levels, and
then make it impossible to use them. What could they possibly have been
thinking? Oops - maybe that's the problem.

I think you've put your finger on it. Microsoft products were
designed without security. As reports of exploits began coming thick
and fast in the late 90's and early 00's, Microsoft band-aided
security measures so they could say "security? oh yah, you betcha."

But the basic products had been written on the assumption of no
security, so they don't run with security features enabled. Hence you
have to disable security (in whole or in part) to do pretty much any
real work.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/