Lars-Eric Gisslén

Joseph,

Go to the Office update site (you can find it via Windows Update) and update
Office 2003 and see if that helps.
I have Word 11.6359.6360, SP1

Regards,
Lars-Eric

"Joseph Geretz" skrev i meddelandet
We have thousands of documents which were developed in previous versions

of
Word. When we try to open these in Word 2003 we get the following error:

Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt. Try one or more

of
the following:
* Open and Repair the file.
* Etc...

When I use Open and Repair I get a dialog box which says Errors were
detected in the file, etc.. and lists one error as 'Text Boxes 1'

(whatever
that means).

One way or another, I need to get this fixed up so that our users can

access
their documents.

1. Is there a software patch for this? I am currently running Word 2003
(11.5604.5606)

2. Is there a way that I can fix up all my documents programmatically? Is
the Open and Repair function available via the Word automation object

model?

Thanks for your help!

- Joe Geretz -