Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default microsoft image writer

About Microsoft Office Document Imaging

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sf" wrote in message
ups.com...
What is it? I've never encountered this before and it's driving me
nuts. It pops up on random pdfs or docs which I try to print and only
allows me to save as .mdi. In other cases, it pops up but I have
choices and can choose my own printer and it doesn't change the
extension from .doc or .pdf to .mdi. If I say OK to saving as .mdi, I
still can't print. Arrrrugh! Is there anything I can do to change
this?

Background: I have a new hard drive (the "old" one went kaput, so I
have new software that is similar to my original configuration which is
both microsoft and dell approved). My printer wasn't recognized by my
computer - so I went to HP and downloaded the drivers from there
because I don't know where the installation CD is hiding. I suppose
this image writer thing came with my drivers (it's a
printer/scanner/copier), but I don't know for sure and I sure don't
know how to work around it.

TIA