Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

Default Font preview

gag when I do what you say, it forms a graphic which opens my graphic
editor (Irfanview) - by chance I found that repetitively clicking the
right mouse button, it advances to the next font, so that's at least a
start. I want a nice script to make an invitation, and expected to check
two or three fonts - BTW, I made a spreadsheet and filled a cell with
"QWERTYqwerty" then formatted it to Webdings, Wingdings, Wingdings2, and
Wingdings3 to have them where I can check out the items. Formatting text
should not be this difficult! Thanx for posting!

Regards,

P D Sterling
New York, Texas & Texas, New York

Tom Ferguson wrote:
Normally, if you navigate to Control Panel Fonts and double left
mouse click on the font name, a window opens and you see a sample of the
font. Is that the result you are getting?

Tom
MSMVP 1009-2007

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
Am I hallucinating, or could I used to click on Control Panel|Fonts and
preview exactly what I what I was going to use? It seems that now, a
useless window with lots of useless information and one small sentence
is all I see. Help! Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.