Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
uRmySunshine uRmySunshine is offline

Default Problems w/resume created in Word 2000

Hey There Tony,

You're not "bitter and twisted", just "sour and crooked" - like ME !!!

Have a good one - Joy :}

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

I'm just bitter and twisted - perhaps it's my age g

Good luck in the new job.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Considering my 50th birthday is a memory and the orientation for my new

job
is scheduled for Monday, I'd argue that last point a little bit...but not
completely.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Tony Jollans" my forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
Hi Joy,

I see there have been a few posts here over-(my)-night but, at the risk

of
repeating what Suzanne has said, I would like to try to clarify.

Let me say up front that (as far as I can tell):

* nothing is wrong
* nothing in your document has changed.

Next, let me make clear:

* Word is a tool for editing documents
* Table Gridlines are an editing aid
* They are how Word shows the boundaries of tables
* They do not print and do not fax
* The viewing of them can be turned on or off - by *user* choice
* Word 2000 and Word 2003 are the same in this regard

If you do not want people to see the gridlines, do not send them a copy

of
your resumé in Word format; send it as a PDF. That said, assuming the

jobs
you are after do not require a knowledge of Word you have nothing to

worry
about. Your CV has been the same since you first set it up and

recipients
of
it will not have a problem with seeing the gridlines.

If you want to get a job:

* relax
* be under 50

Good luck!

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"uRmySunshine" wrote in message
Hi Tony, I was afraid I was talking too much and my msg. would not be
"clear". The lines are not a problem for me BUT when I email my resume
someone and these lines are showing up and are not suppose to, I do not
want
that. They have never shown up before whenever I emailed, faxed or
printed
the document. I've used this resume format for over 3 years and just
recently had gotten laid off and am needing it again.

As I said in my first post, the lines are not a problem when I am

working
with the document but they should NOT be visible when I am emailing the
document to someone else. Something is wrong is what I am saying. Can
you
help me rid the document of them? As I said also, they came from the
template that I used to create the resume using Word 2000 and again,

they
ARE
NOT suppose to show up in print, email or faxing. (but for some

reason,
now
they are?????). I just want the document to be visible - NOT THE TABLE
LINES
TOO.

Thanks again for any info. Joy

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

What you are seeing are called Table Gridlines. They do not print but
whether or not they are visible is a user setting so anybody with an
electronic copy of the document can choose to see them (or not) - it

is
beyond your control, and was that way before even if you did not
realise
it.

If you want lines not to be visible, one way is to add borders and
colour
them white but remember that anybody with an electronic copy can

change
anything in it. Why do you think the fact that you use tables for
formatting
should be a problem?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"uRmySunshine" wrote in
message
Hi everyone, I previously created my resume using a template in

Word
2000
and I am currently using it to send out for employment but now I am
using
Word 2003 (trial version downloaded from Microsoft.com). My

problem
is
this:
I assume that when I used the template to create my resume that it
already
contained tables or borders or whatever to use to make my resume

look
like
it
was in an "outline" format. There were particular places for
headings,
titles, paragraphs, etc. These "lines" should never be visible

when
viewing
the resume using "print preview", "print", "email" or "fax". But

the
lines
are now showing up when I email my resume and it is a disaster for
me...

I cannot figure out what is happening and I have used every command
available for tables and borders to rid this document of these
template
lines, but the are still showing up in email. (i am not sure about
faxing
or
actually printing because I haven't faxed the resume to anyone nor

do
have
a printer connected at this time). But they still do not show up

in
"print
preview", just the way they should nto show up.

Can anyone figure out what I am talking about here? I hope this

made
sense
to someone. I am DESPERATE and cannot create another resume. I

love
this
one and no longer have Word 2000 on my system. (i had to reformat

my
hard
drive and did not have the Code to reinstall my Word 2000 CD so I

had
download a trial version because I could not find a way to get a

new
code
install 2000 with).

ANYONE AT ALL, CAN U HELP ME PLEASE.

I'd be happy to send u a copy of my resume so you can see what I am
talking
about.

Thanks ahead of time - have a blessed day everyone

Joy