Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You can use mailmerge for this. You will however have to remove the space
between COMPANY and NAME and between QUOTED and PRICE, as the mergefield
names cannot contain spaces.

See the article €śHow to create a Mail Merge€ť at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"ringo tan" wrote in message
Hi,

I am trying to create a new ms words document with hard-coded text from an
existing ms excel spreadsheet containing data. I have an existing excel
spreadsheet say "data.xls" with 6 fields containing some records.

DATE COMPANY NAME ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTED PRICE
------- ------------------ ------- ------- --------
12 apr abc limited xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
$1234.56
11 dec xyz inc. xxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
$9999.99

I am trying to automate the entire quotation process like picking the data
of each record from the 6 fields and create a new ms words document with
hard-coded text and placed those data from the 6 fields from excel.

Thank you.

Ringo