Leonard F Kiesling

thank you all. update: i wrote to dell, who directed me to a link, to,
again, update the display driver. the update was 7-2004. the update i first
completed had a higher file # which leads me to believe my first update was
a newer driver. either way, problem still not solved! other than the work
around method. i wrote to dell advising same. waiting for reply.

i secured the service tags of 3 machines from dell info on each hard drive.
the 4th was from the label on the case.
i too thought each machine would have a seperate service tag #. 4 were
purchased at one time about 3 months ago, & the 5th was purchased later. all
same tags!

should i just wait for intel to provide a new driver? should i switch back
to first updated driver? if so, how?
thanks to all, len kiesling (writing from home machine)

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
Definitely.

Terry Farrell

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
:I thought the service tag for each machine was unique.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the

newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Leonard F. Kiesling" wrote

in
: message ...
: ann, i have checked 3 of the 5 systems. they have same service tag. i
: assume
: the others will be the same. # 69HPT51. my display adapter is same as
: stated
: below. the others show display adapter as: 82915G. possibly mine is
: different since i had updated the driver thru dell's site(?).
:
: thank you, len kiesling
:
:
: wrote in message
: oups.com...
: Leonard,
:
: Intel has confirmed that it is a problem with their driver for the
: 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family of display adapters. They say
: that they will address the problem in a new release of the driver.
:
: If you wouldn't mind emailing me the service tag for your PC, I can
: demonstrate clearly to Dell that the problem is occurring on many

PCs.
: Reducing the graphics acceleration a level below that which DirectX
: uses is a temporary workaround.
:
: Thanks for your help!
: