Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Insert Date make Bold Macro

Are you sure a date field is what you want here? A date field will update
each time you open the document. A CreateDate field would probably be more
useful - or as you are using vba, simply insert the date as text eg

Sub InsertUSFormatDate()
With Selection
.Font.Bold = True
.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="MMMM" & Chr(160) & _
"d," & Chr(160) & "yyyy", InsertAsField:=False
.Font.Bold = False
.TypeParagraph
End With
End Sub

To add a macro to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar), see

Walter_Slipperman wrote:
Okay. thanks guys. I've got it working:

Sub bold_date()
'
' bold_date Macro
'
'
Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldDate
Selection.MoveLeft Unit:=wdWord, Count:=1, Extend:=wdExtend
Selection.Font.Bold = wdToggle
Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
Selection.TypeParagraph
Selection.Font.Bold = wdToggle
End Sub

Now how to do I put it in the small toolbar at the top. In the past
I would make my own icon for it and drag it to the toolbar.

\Walter