Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lynn Teller Lynn Teller is offline

Default "Restart Numbering" Changes Paragraph Indentation

In Word 2003, I use a Body Text numbered style for procedural steps. Each new procedure should start with Step 1. However, when I use the "Restart Numbering" from the right-click menu, it causes my paragraph indents to change. (All paragraphs with that style "jump" to the right.) Same thing happens if I go through the Format Bullets and Numbering dialog box.

I would appreciate some guidance with this.

Thanks,
Lynn