Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Changing order of a list of names in Word

If you just want to alphabetize them, can't you use Table | Sort?

"Reb" wrote in message
I have 2000 pages of lists which all have the same number of names (about
500). Certain sections of the list need the names to be reordered.
Manually
it will take me weeks. Is there a way to replace sections together. I am
using Word 2003.

Example

names
names
names
names1
names2
names3
names4
names
names
names5
names6
names7
names
names

Numbers above mean nothing other than a different name. Need to change

names
names
names
name2
name3
name1
name4
names
names
names6
names7
names5
names
names
etc

Simple ctrl+h seems to only allow for change of one line at a time?
Thanks
much for any suggestions!