Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
02bnnm 02bnnm is offline

Default unable to preview files in Word 2007 before opening

Herb, thanks - that helps. I'm thinking I will install Word 2003. Do you know
of any reason why I can't run both Office 2007 and also [just] Word 2003 on
the same computer?

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

If it's any consolation, I see the same thing here, but intermittently.
After trying the kb928149 solution, the problem went away briefly, but I
suspect that the relief was coincidental, as previews continue to come & go
as if they have a mind of their own.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"02bnnm" wrote in message
Yes, I am running Vista. Though neither Vista nor Office 2007 are beta
release, I tried the resolution in kb/928149, and still a blank preview
screen. Thanks

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Are you running Vista? If so, take a look at this article and see if it
describes your problem, and if the fix offered helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928149

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
"02bnnm" wrote in message
David, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I've already tried that
and
still no preview.

"djprius" wrote:

In Word 2007, go to Office Button | Open and the find the View icon
(far right end of toolbar). Click the drop-down arrow. "Preview" is
on
the list.

David

02bnnm wrote:
In Word 2003 I could preview a file using the preview pane. I found
it
very
helpful in selecting the correct file I wanted. I've tried, but just
cannot
figure out how to make that feature work in Word 2007. Any help must
appreciated.