Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MJ MJ is offline

Default Quotation marks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you *always* want straight quotation marks (because you're using Courier
New or because you're creating code), clear the "'Straight quotes' with
'smart quotes'" check box on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools |
AutoCorrect (AutoCorrect Options in Word 2002/2003). If you just want them
occasionally, press Ctrl+Z (Undo) to reverse the correction and revert the
curly quotes to straight quotes.

o I get them? I want them to look like this " " but they don't.
They
come out different as I said above. What can I do to rectify this?

Thanks,
JulieMae

It so happens I am creating a document in Courier font that contains VBA code so I want straight quotes. I put an AutoOpen module in the document to turn off the curly quotes AutoFormat and an AutoClose module to turn it back on. What has me really puzzled is that the AutoCorrect dialog box shows the curly quote feature is turned off but I'm still getting curly quotes when I type. There must be something else going on here that I can't find.