Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frustrated College Student Abroad Frustrated College Student Abroad is offline

Default Quotation marks

I was having this problem just now and have chosen to use the straight
quotation marks but thought I'd copy paste an example of the issue I'm having
clarify. I made sure there are no unclosed quotations elsewhere in the text
so I have no clue why it is looking like this... see below.

I am writing a sentence and now €žI want to quote something€ś but obviously
these quotes dont look correct!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"Upside-down" is a subjective description. Quotation marks vary depending on
font, but ordinarily the closing quote character will be a 180-degree
rotation of the opening quote character (rotated, not flipped horizontally).

"Mary jane" wrote in message
It is amazing how many posts relate to this reversed curly quote issue.
Straight quotes are an answer yes, but why can't you use curly quotes and
have them come out correctly? No one seems to be able to solve this

riddle,
maybe an issue to send to Microsoft for programming?

"JulieMae" wrote:

When I type quotation marks using microsoft word, they come out curly

and the
right quotation mark is upside down. I want regular straight quotation

marks.
How do I get them? I want them to look like this " " but they don't.

They
come out different as I said above. What can I do to rectify this?

Thanks,
JulieMae