rosenmarsh rosenmarsh is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.smith[_2_] View Post
Hello,

your problem is that your htm (html) files are paired with MS Word.

So what to do:
Point your mouse cursor on the file you want to open.
Right click
Pick - open with
You will get a list of programs.
Pick Internet Explorer or Firefox
Then remember, this is very important.
On the bottom you will have a check box "Always open with this program."
Tick it and hit OK.

Problem solved. :-)

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website
Hi
I am having the same problem with Word 2003. Been going on for a week and I have no idea what I changed...Unfortunately there is not option to "Always open with this program". I have already tried to make firefox the default browser for html pages but this has not changed anything. At the moment .htm and .html pages are showing up as not being associated with any program but when I open them they always open in word. I can open them with firefox via "open with" but I don't want to have to keep doing this...

Many thanks for any helpo