Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rosy[_2_] Rosy[_2_] is offline

Default Autotext from 2003

On Mar 12, 8:16*pm, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
Hi Rosy,

The AutoText feature was expanded in Office 2007 into 36 separate galleries of 'boilerplate' document building blocks. *AutoText and
QuickParts are two of the galleries,as are Header, Footer, Cover Pages, etc.

You can access the Building Blocks Organizer that manages these through Insert=Quickparts=Building Block organizer (you can right
click on the Building Block Organizer icon there to add it separately to your Quick Access Toolbar).

If your previous entries are not showing in the Building Block Organizer, one method is to copy your old template to a new name, and
place it in the 'Document Building Blocks' folder you get to using
* Start=Run
* *%appdata%\Microsoft

Word will then 'find' the entries when you start Word 2007 and then access any of the galleries.

==============
* "Rosy" wrote in ...
I have a new system that has Office 2007 loaded. *My old system has
Office 2003 and a HUGE (OMG I can't lose this) autotext file. *I had
thought it was saved in the normal.dot, but that didn't bring it in.
How do I export the autotext from my old system and import it into the
new system?
--

Bob *Buckland *?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

* *Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Ok, I found the building block manager, how do i extract my autotext
from my old system? Is there a file name that I can copy over?