Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007 Header/Footer Issue on Multiple Pages

They don't "have to remember to do that" if you have set up the template
correctly to contain the desired headers/footers to begin with.

http://word.mvps.org

"Cummings" wrote in message
Thanks, but I don't want to have my people have to remember to do that.

Oh well.

JPC

--
JP Cummings

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

As Graham says, you just have to make the Footer and First Page Footer
the
same. For more, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm (and note that
linkage
between headers/footers is only between headers/footers *of the same
type*
in separate sections, not between headers/footers of different types in
the
same section).

http://word.mvps.org

"Cummings" wrote in message
Good morning.

Working with a multiple page letter(2 - 3 pages, tops).

I want to show the letterhead on the first page, with a different
header
on
subsequent pages, but I want the footers to be the same.

Unfortunately, when I check "Different First Page", the footers are
different, and I cannot link them (the link to previous section box is
grayed
out). And, when I don't check "Different First Page" the header is
(rightfully) messed up.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

JPC