Anne Troy

Default Table width behavior

Hi. Try clicking inside the table and set the TABLE width to be 95 or 96
PERCENT (something like that). Center the table.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Al G." wrote in message
om...
MS Word's definition of "column width" as it applies to tablets is in fact
a table slightly wider than the column width. This allows text in tables
to match the text column outside.

For example, if I have a column width of 6.5-in, Word creates a tablet
that is essentially wider on each side by the margin from the border to
the first character. If you set the column with to 6.5-in, Word will not
align it properly with the column width -- still offset on left side.

I cannot find a way to change or fix the table width using styles (always
seems disabled) nor fix the alignment so the border is properly lined up
with the column width. Is there some setting I have missed to change this
behavior?

I know there are times when you may want this behavior like borderless
tables but not with borders.

Al