Daiya Mitchell

Ah, that is a little weird.

What should happen, from another poster elsewhe

I just recently installed microsoft office:mac 2004 standard edition on
my ibook and when I try to open it an alert appears titled "upgrade
verification." It says to click browse and then select the folder that
contains the earlier version of the software

Whether Word 98 is on your system doesn't really matter, as you can browse
to an installed version or insert the CD and browse to that. And Word 98
makes you eligible.

I'm afraid I haven't a clue. Sorry not to be more help.

Do check the Mac group archives (for both the Word and the plain Office
group). I didn't see anything but I didn't go back very far.

On 6/20/05 11:05 AM, "Carol R." wrote:

Thanks. Yes, this is an upgrade. I don't know how to point it at anything.
The manual said to uninstall the old version before doing anything else,
which sounded stupid, but obediently uninstalled. But the product key didn't
work. Another user suggested the old version had to be on my system for the
new one to find its place in my universe, so I reinstalled Word 98. The key
still doesn't work.

Thanks so much for the tip re. the Mac group. That will come in very handy,
if not now then in the future surely. I'll check their archives just in case.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/