Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default spell check not 100%

There is if you are using Word 97, Word 2000, Word 2002, or Word 2003.

kirk wrote:

There is no "tools" to click on. You lost me on the very first step.

-- Kirk

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Open the document where this problem occurs, press Ctrl+A to select all
of the text, click on Tools | Language | Set Language | choose your
language | uncheck the "Detect language automatically" and "Do not
check spelling or grammar" boxes | Default | OK. Then press F7 to rerun
spelling and grammar checks, and save the document.

Word will not automatically spellcheck text that is in a protected form,
so that could be the "certain parts" problem.

kirk wrote:

In certain parts of my document, misspelled words are never caught. If I cut
and paste those words to other parts of the same document, they are. I have
spent hours looking through the help files ("exceptions" "languages", etc) to
correct this, with no luck.

-- Kirk
blah