Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Caption at top of each page when table is more than one page

More than one row can be a repeated heading. So you can add a row at
the top of the table, remove its borders, merge the cells, and then
place the caption inside it (just use cut and paste). Then check the
Heading Rows Repeat option for this row, too.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Chrism" wrote in message
That might work, but I think I have already used up that

first-row-repeat
option by repeating the titles of each of the columns on each page.

This is a caption that I created by right clicking the table and

then
choosing Caption. I believe I have to use this Caption option so

that the
title of the table will appear in my Table of Tables later?

Thanks,
Chrism

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

I assume that what you refer to as the caption is the first table

row and
that you want to repeat the first table row as a heading on the

following
page(s) too. If this is correct, do this:
Click in the first table row. Then select Table Heading Rows

Repeat.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

Word

"Chrism" wrote:

I have some very long tables that spill onto a second page in

Word 2003. I
don't know how to put the caption at the top of the 2nd page

(e.g. Table 5.
Rare plant species (cont).) It won't let you type there, because

it thinks it
is in the middle of a table, but there must be some way to do it
automatically?

Thanks!