Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can I select a rectangular column of text within a paragraph?

Use Alt+drag to select a column of text.

"R.B. Lea" R.B. wrote in message
I have Word file that has 10 numbers on the left side of each line of

text,
like this:

3262839378The quick brown fox...
8736627343Now is the time for all....

What I'd like to do is select and delete the "column" of numbers without
touching the text. In WordPerfect this used to be simple (there were

options
under "select", not just "select all"). How can I do this with MSWord?

Thanks.