Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Adobe Acrobat invasion

Completely agree. It is arrogant in the extreme to interfere with
someone's work in another application. Have just tried downloading
acrobat after a complete disk reload. It takes forever, and *after* it
has done everything says that it can't deal with my version of IE (which
is adequate for everything else). However, it put an unusable icon on
my desktop, which was the devil to remove. There was no uninstall
program as such and files are all over the place. The earlier versions
of the product were OK. But now I will never use an adobe product
again, and all my colleagues know not to bother me with any PDF files.
Greed and stupidity will ruin any product in the end.

cfscheel

Hi Klaus,

Even if they have fixed it, I still protest:
out of principle, no one should invade my WORD setup
without my permission.
It is no less serious than a physical break-and-entry.
- BTW I am not all that impressed
by the Adobe programs anyway.

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 22:05:47 +0200, Klaus Linke
wrote:

Hi C.F.,

Adobe has supposedly fixed it in an update:
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331259.html

Not sure if the fix works reliably.

Klaus