Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Heading Style

You wouldn't have this problem if you weren't inserting manual page breaks.
You can avoid this problem by formatting the heading style as "Page break
before." And, for headings that have Space Before built in, don't use a page
break at all, but apply "Keep with next" selectively to force them onto a
new page.

"Duncs" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am writing a document and using Heading 1, 2 & 3 styles. I want
each heading that is starting on a new page, to appear at the very top
of the page...not one or more lines down from the top, but at the very
top.

The problem I have, is that whenever I select one of these styles at
the top of the page, the style format is actually applied to the end
of the previous page. So, page 2 starts with a Heading 2 style, but
the last line of text on page 1 has the Heading 2 marker. This can
sometime make a mess of the text that appears here, and I have to add
a blank line to the start of page 2.

Anyone any ideas?

Duncs