Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can Two Sets of Footnotes Operate at Once?

Yes. The first set is "Endnotes," and there's an Insert Endnotes
command. (It defaults, bizarrely, to numbering them with roman
numerals, so you'll have to change that in Format Endnotes, which you
get at differently in different versions of Word.)

You can even have two sets of footnotes! When you do Insert Footnote,
you can choose the numbered ones -- you'll need to change it from 1,
2, 3 to a, b, c -- or the Custom ones (which usually start with *),
and use either kind for each footnote.

On Jan 27, 11:16*am, Ken Newberger
wrote:
My questions is this: *Can I have one set of footnotes, using numbers, 1, 2,
3 etc., be placed at the end of my Word document while I have another set of
footnotes, a, b, c, etc. be placed the bottom of the page? *If so, how does
one do this?