Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Ranting - New computers only come with trail versions of MS Word?

No, they need to fully understand what they are getting for their money.
(But I cringe each time I read about a trail version.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote in message
Perhaps instead of a *trail* version, maybe they need the *trial* version.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
: New computers cost less than $500 these days and yet people expect $300
: Office suites installed on them. That's like buying a $30,000 house and
: expecting it to have a built-in sauna room.
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
: Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
:
:
:
: "Alenka" wrote in message
: ...
: I recently bought a new computer only to find out that I have a trial
: version
: of MS Word installed (which I can't access anyway because evidently
the
: product key that I was given is invalid). I can't help but be peeved.
: think
: if if a consumer chooses to purchase a computer with a microsoft
operating
: system installed, this commonly used software should be included or
the
: advertising for pc computers should clearly indicate what software is
: installed as a trial version only. I don't recall ever having to buy
MS
: Word
: before. Now I have to go spend additional $ on the software I need.
Lots
: of
: people have advised me to switch to a mac, which increasingly seems
like
: sound advice.
: