Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Change Default Colors - Word 2000

If you're going to carry this document with you, you could just as easily
carry a template in which you have saved your styles.

http://word.mvps.org

"dawn.aquila" wrote in message
You'll be advised by others to use styles. I use many computers have
found
styles to work inconsistently from one to another; I also don't always
have
something with my styles with me.

So here's my workaround. I create a document with all my custom colors.
copy text with the color you want into your document, the color is now the
default on the text color icon.

once you go to another custom color that becomes the default; to get back
the one you want, select that color of text and go into custom colors then
exit custom colors. it's the default on the icon again.

you can use format painter (paintbrush icon) too.

"Lesley W" wrote:

Does anyone know how to change the default colors in Word 2000? I can
mix
and add extra colors (fill color/more fill colors/custom) but that only
allows me to add 8 extra colors. We have 17 'corporate' colors and I
would
like to add them as default colors instead of mixing them every time I
want
to use them.