Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Default Fix re track chnages bug Word 2000.

....and further to that. So far it only appears to be one document and it
always 'loses' text from the same places, so that suggests something
specific to the document? Also, as saving and reloading recovers the text,
surely that can't be related to the printer driver?

wrote in message
In that case, it may be the printer driver that's at fault. the stock
answer: make sure that you have the latest driver for your printer and
then delete and reinstall the printer. (Of course, it may be the graphics
but the printer is easier to deal with!)

Terry

"aalaan" wrote in message
Terry, thanks but why is this handled differently to all the other fixes
and packs? How on earth does one go about 'calling Microsoft' in
Australia, I wonder?

BTW, have discovered and verified a most peculiar phenomenon this
morning. After this problem occurs and the text is partially missing from
the screen, the printing is also all garbled with overprints. But the
file is *not* actually corrupted. If the apparently spoiled file is saved
and then reloaded all is OK. So I surmise this is a display and print
problem and not a file problem?

wrote in message
That patch is a 'Hot Fix' that you can only get by calling Microsoft and
explaining your problem.

Terry

"aalaan" wrote in message
GM all.

A little while ago I reported on here an apparent bug with Windows
2000, where if display changes is toggled on and then off again,
several paragraphs get lost from the document. Terry mentioned that he
thought this was a known bug, for which Microsoft had issued a patch.
Where exactly do I get that patch? The MS site is very difficult to
navigate. I already have sr 1 and 3 installed, so presumably this
patch comes after those? Any help would be appreciated..