Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Sparrow Mike Sparrow is offline

Default How do I format Balloon text in Word 2007?

Thanks Herb. I followed your steps so I did arrive at the correct dialogue
box (although, I was able to arrive there by right-clicking in the comment
balloon as well). The style of the font does change, but the size seems the
same. To be more spoecific, a 12 pt Ariel looks much larger in the document
than it does in a comment balloon. And while we're on the topic of balloons,
I guess you've already discovered that if you want to change the balloon
color, you don't access that dialogue box via the balloon tab down arrow;
you must go into track changes. Luckily this program is so mindless or else
you wouldn't be selling books, right?

thanks,

mike

--
mike s

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S (or, click the Style launcher in the SE corner of
the Styles section in the Home tab).

2. Click the Manage Styles button at the bottom of the Styles pane.

3. In the Edit tab, find the Comment Text style, and click on it.

4. Click the Modify button. Change the formatting as desired, then click OK.

5. Back in Manage Styles, click either OK or Close.

The font for "Comment [H1" (in my case... the initial will likely be
different for you) can similarly be changed, using the Balloon Text style.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Mike Sparrow" wrote in message
It works fro me in 03, not in 07.
--
mike

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you saying that neither method works?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mike Sparrow" wrote in message
Yes, I'm familiar with that process too b/c I 've done this with Word
2003.
It's supposed to be easier in 07 b/c a pop-up toolbar becomes visable
when
you right click in the comment balloon. That's where the styles can
be
altered, but try changing the comment font to, for example, Times New
Roman
12 or 14. What happens? Yes, Bill still gets richer by the minute,
but I
don't get TNR 14!!

thanks for your help
--
mike

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

It's not a review option. You need to modify the paragraph styles.
Since I'm
not using Word 2007 yet, I can't tell you the exact steps,
unfortunately. If
you are familiar with the Styles and Formatting task pane of Word
2002/2003,
you should be able to locate something similar (the Styles pane?) in
Word
2007. From there you'll be able to alter the styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mike Sparrow" wrote:

Where is that option in the Review Ribbon?
--
mike p

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you tried modifying the Balloon Text and Comment Text
styles?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mike Sparrow" wrote in message
I know the process, but when I do it, there is no effect. I
can
select the
text in the balloon or I can try to format the text before I
type
within the
balloon, but when using the Pop-Up mini toolbar, the change
has no
effect on
the text. Also, I can't change the default balloon font and
size for
future
documents. Agian, I know the process, but there is no effect.
Thanks
Bill
for a newer version of the same old problems.
--
mike p