Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default If I create a Word Macro, why aren't I a 'trusted publisher' ?

You can add the macro to the Normal template or to an add-in; and make
sure that the "Trust all installed add-ins and templates" is checked in
the macro security options.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JustSomeGuy" wrote in message
If a word user creates a macro, and only runs it on his/her own PC,

seems
like Word should be able to 'know' this and allow the macro to run on

that PC
without a lot of additional fussing with macro security settings.

Seems like
the creator, on his/her own PC, should automatically be a 'trusted

publisher'
of his/her own macros.

The "Trusted Publisher" label is mysterious; the average JustSomeGuy

doesn't
know what it is, or why he/she can't be 'trusted' automatically.

If you know of a really clear, comprehensive online explanation of the

whole
macro security authorization topic (beyond Microsoft's online help,

which is
sometimes rather vague) it might be helpful to post it here.