Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
answers3801 answers3801 is offline

Default help wizard displays answers that vanish

Thank you, Jay, that worked brilliantly.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

I'm looking at Word 2003, but I think this was the same in 2002...

When a Help windows opens (if it's the "Offline" help rather than the Office
Online stuff that opens in an Internet browser), there should be a set of
icons just below the title bar. The leftmost one, when the mouse hovers over
it, shows a tooltip of "Auto Tile". When you click that icon, the Help
window and the Word window will arrange themselves side by side.

If that doesn't work, this will: Minimize all windows except Word and the
Help window (or even the browser, if that's where the help appears).
Right-click a blank area of the Windows task bar at the bottom of your
screen. In the popup menu, choose "Tile Windows Vertically".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

answers3801 wrote:
When I have a question and the help wizard displays answers in the
right column of my page-- how do I keep those instructions still
displayed there while I try to fix the problem- (the minute I click
on something else the instructions disappear, ie, they say "go to
file, click on ..." -- there may be 7 steps, and I can only remember
a few at a time-- then have to type in the question all over again
(or take notes on my clay tablets)

this is Word 2002