Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Nick Marinelli

Default Tables, Cells, Line Breaks and VBA

Okay, I got it. I had to put some text into the imported data where I
wanted the vbVerticalTabs to go, and then after the text was converted
to a table I did a Search and Replace to insert the vbVerticalTabs where
I wanted them. Now all is well.

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Nick Marinelli wrote:
This isn't working. The text does not move down to the next line.

Any other ideas? Does the vbVerticalTab need to be put into the table
after it has been converted to Word?

Jay Freedman wrote:

The constant you want is the misleadingly named vbVerticalTab, which
is the
same as Chr(11).

The ^l abbreviation works only in Find/Replace operations, not in string
constructions.