Ronnie Vernon MVP

Default this is odd behavior

sf wrote:
I was sent several word docs by attachment... I couldn't open them via
Eudora w/o windows xp claiming there was some unspecified component
missing and telling me I needed to insert the CD to get the component.
However, when I went to the web and opened them via my browser
(firefox), they opened perfectly as Word Docs. HUH? Have you ever
heard of anything like that happening and if so, what was the problem?

TIA

The docs may have contained a module that is available in a later version of Microsoft Word that is not yet supported by Eudora, but is supported by Firefox. The CD was apparently referring to the MS Word installation CD where the module is contained.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/