Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Skip Duplicate Records + Put all Records in One Document

Use a catalog (or in Word XP and later it is called "Directory") type
mailmerge main document in which you have nothing but

NAME
ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP

Then execute that merge to a new document and to that document add any other
text that you want.

You will find information on a method of removing duplicates in the article
"Finding and replacing characters using wildcards" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...gWildcards.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ryan D" wrote in message
I wish I knew how to edit, sorry. To solve the first problem, I just copy
and pasted my merge fields 80 times. I can get ALL the records to appear
in
my document. Now, how do I get "Next Record" to skip buplicate names?

I currently have:

NAME
ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP
NEXT RECORD

NAME
ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP
NEXT RECORD

etc...

"Ryan D" wrote:

I'm drafting a letter. In the body, I need to dump ALL the name,
address,
etc. fields from Excel into one letter. I.E. Is there a way to merge
all
the data? Currently, each name (etc.) is appreaing in a seperate
document.

Also, how do I skip repeat names?

Thans in advance.